Licensed by the State of Kansas Health Department, the Holy Spirit Extended Day Care program ("EDC") is a high quality, faith-based program that is family-centered. In an effort to assist working parents, the EDC program partners with parents to provide the safest and healthiest care possible. Each of the program's entities continues our tradition of faith-development and strong academics through a variety of developmentally appropriate activities, academic skill development activities, social interaction, and the opportunity for physical growth.
The following EDC programs are made available to Holy Spirit students:
- Before Care: Before school care provides a safe place for students K-8, from 7:00 am - 7:30 am each morning school is in session.
- After Care: After school care is available on school days for students K-8 from 3:15 pm - 5:45 pm. On designated days, such as Teacher In-Service/SOF days, EDC provides Half Day Care (Noon - 5:45 pm) or All Day Care (7:30 am - 5:45 pm)
- Homework Zone: For students who need a quiet setting after school Monday through Thursday to work on homework, a certified teacher is on-site to monitor students. Homework Zone is available from 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm for students in grades 2-8. Please note, this is not a tutoring program.
- As Needed: If this option is chosen (only available for Before Care and After Care), parents are required to notify the classroom teacher no later than the Friday prior to the week when services are needed.
Please note that in order to assure the safety of your children, the following Holy Spirit staff work closely together to make sure all students are present and accounted for at EDC programs:
- Assistant Principal - Eileen Colling (ecolling@ hscatholic.org)
- EDC Director - Maggie Young (myoung@ hscatholic.org)
- Front Office Manager - Kathleen Rodgers (krodgers@ hscatholic.org)